🥑🍅 Get Our new 100+ Scrumptious Vegan Recipes For Weight Loss, Clearer/Smoother Pores and skin and A More healthy Way of life. 👉 Hyperlink in BIO vegan.day by day.recipes
Teriyaki Katsu Rice Bowls by thefoodietakesflight 🍚 Served over steamed rice for a brilliant satisfying vegan meal recipe!
(Makes Four katsu)
2 240g blocks contemporary additional agency tofu
half tsp salt, or to style*
Canola oil, for sauté
Teriyaki sauce (recipe on my weblog)
½ cup flour
1 tbsp + 2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp candy paprika powder, non-compulsory
½ cup water
1 cup japanese breadcrumbs, or extra as wanted
1. Drain water from the tofu by wrapping them in paper towels after which inserting a heavy flat floor (a board or plate) on high of every. Go away for 15 minutes till water has been absorbed by the towels.
2. Slice every tofu into half inch thick sq. slabs. You could possibly slice one tofu into Three slabs, relying on the thickness of your tofu. Season with salt.
3. Put together the batter by mixing all of the elements till clean. In one other plate or tray, add the breadcrumbs.
4. Place every tofu within the batter then coat into the breadcrumbs. Repeat this step for the remaining.
5. Warmth the oil in a frying pan. As soon as sizzling (you’ll be able to take a look at this by placing slightly bread crumbs), add within the tofu. Sauté for round 6-Eight minutes over medium warmth till golden brown. Take out of the oil then flip off the warmth.
6. Let cool for 10-15 minutes then slice diagonally into 3/4-inch thick strips. Drizzle with some teriyaki sauce and revel in with rice.