🥑🍅 Get Our new 100+ Scrumptious Vegan Recipes For Weight Loss, Clearer/Smoother Pores and skin and A More healthy Way of life. 👉 Hyperlink in BIO vegan.every day.recipes
Teriyaki Katsu Rice Bowls by thefoodietakesflight 🍚 Served over steamed rice for a brilliant satisfying vegan meal recipe!
(Makes Four katsu)
2 240g blocks recent further agency tofu
half of tsp salt, or to style*
Canola oil, for sauté
Teriyaki sauce (recipe on my weblog)
½ cup flour
1 tbsp + 2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp candy paprika powder, elective
½ cup water
1 cup japanese breadcrumbs, or extra as wanted
1. Drain water from the tofu by wrapping them in paper towels after which putting a heavy flat floor (a board or plate) on high of every. Depart for 15 minutes till water has been absorbed by the towels.
2. Slice every tofu into half of inch thick sq. slabs. You might be able to slice one tofu into Three slabs, relying on the thickness of your tofu. Season with salt.
3. Put together the batter by mixing all of the elements till clean. In one other plate or tray, add the breadcrumbs.
4. Place every tofu within the batter then coat into the breadcrumbs. Repeat this step for the remainder.
5. Warmth the oil in a frying pan. As soon as scorching (you’ll be able to take a look at this by placing a little bit bread crumbs), add within the tofu. Sauté for round 6-Eight minutes over medium warmth till golden brown. Take out of the oil then flip off the warmth.
6. Let cool for 10-15 minutes then slice diagonally into 3/4-inch thick strips. Drizzle with some teriyaki sauce and revel in with rice.